Welcome to Mornington Community House
Mornington Community House provides a range of activities and facilities for our local community at our Albert St, Mornington location.
You can learn more about what’s happening at the House on our News and Events or Activities page.
Mornington Community House programs and activities
Programs and Activities cover a range of groups, classes / learning opportunities, health and well-being activities and playgroups that includes:
- Peer support groups – feeling groovy music group, living happy, hearing voices and mighty good men
- Adult education programs – literacy support, numeracy and cash handling, Spanish cuppa, one-on-one computer classes and cyber safety
- Learning opportunities – genealogy, creative writing, macramé and succulents’ workshops
- Health and wellbeing – essential oils for emotional wellbeing, knitting, book club and art therapy
- Community playgroup. Designated indoor and outdoor play areas, especially set up for playgroups
- Other user groups include Gen U, Jobco, Max employment, Skilled Up and drug and alcohol support groups
Our programs are supported by the Mornington Peninsula Shire and Department of Health & Human Services through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program
Advisory Group & new facility
The Community House recently established an Advisory Group, with eight community members. The group will meet quarterly to help to shape the direction and reactivation of the future of the House.
The Shire is working to build a new facility for the Community House. The Albert Street, Mornington facility will remain operational until the new facility is built. Keep up to date with the development of the new House.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm.